Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall, the single point of accountability for the performance of the operating unit, including culture, vision, and strategy for growth and financial results.
- Responsible for financial performance of the operating unit including sales, revenue, operating income, and cash flow. Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other data to measure service/sales levels and goal achievement and share with team for alignment.
- Provide leadership to team for all operating departments including HVAC Service, HVAC Construction and Plumbing.
- Establish and support departmental policies, goals, and objectives, with management, and staff members that align with company culture and values, as necessary.
- Assist with the recruiting and onboarding of new team members. Provide opportunities for other team members to develop skills and knowledge for future career growth.
- Establish and maintain strong strategic customer relationships achieving not only their personal sales goals and the other sales team members achieving their goals as well.
- Partner with leaders to recruit, hire and retain the top technicians in your market.
- Partner with Safety Manager to coordinate and conduct required safety requirements and ways to improve company best practices to ensure compliance and meet company safety goals. Assist local safety champion to lead and facilitate monthly safety meetings.
- Collaborate with managers on key metrics. Coordinate the activities between service and construction to assure maximum client satisfaction.
- Assist in the development of annual operating budget and manage performance to budget.
- Perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage all personnel assigned.
- Provide leadership to your team. Ensure that goal setting, performance management, development and team development are accomplished.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of delivering desired results in a sustainable, ethical, and collaborative approach.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic sales planning, resource allocation, and managing people.
- Ability to prepare and present a comprehensive Monthly Business Operating Report to Leadership.
- Strong technical knowledge in HVAC service, construction, and plumbing.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to analyze information and make decisions for future execution.
- The ability to develop, organize, and accomplish specific goals and plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas so others will understand and influence buy-in from the team.
- Teamwork orientation and ability to guide, direct, and motivate subordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business or related field, or Post-Secondary Certificate awarded for training completed after high school (for example, Trades, Engineering, Pipefitting, etc.) or equivalent.
- 10+ years of progressive P/L management experience in the HVAC/Mechanical service, construction, or plumbing business with revenue in excess of $50M
- Outstanding problem-solving skills – ability to define and structure problems, collect, and analyze data, understand financial impact, and turn recommendations into execution.
- Ability to understand financial statements and reporting including P&L, POC, and key metrics.
- Strong leadership skills to support a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to travel to locations within regional operations and to enterprise meetings on a periodic basis.
This position directly manages office staff responsible for leadership, performance management, and hiring of the employees within its departments. Proven track record managing HR, Service, Construction, F&A Department leaders.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
This job requires an individual to be in the office 5 days a week and operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions unless doing so presents an undue hardship on the Company’s business operations.
The employee understands the above job description and agrees to comply with and be subject to its conditions. Employee further agrees this job description does not alter his/her at-will employment status. Employees understand that the Company reserves the right to delegate, remove, expand or change any and all responsibilities. Employee acknowledges that he/she can fulfill the above duties with or without reasonable accommodation.