Greater Denver Metro
• Provide administrative support to Project Managers
• Coordinate and attend Project Meetings; take meeting notes, record and file for future reference
• Support Estimators and Project Managers with sub-trades pricing request forms, follow up items, and distributing drawings and specifications
• Create and organize Project Binders
• Request, package and submit any and all equipment submittals per project and facilitate the equipment release process
• Assist Project Managers with the daily management of information related to assigned Projects, print drawings and specifications, coordinate supplier information, research material specifications, cost material and supplies or request from Estimators or Purchasing
• Manage and organize the detailed RFI process from the formal RFI to Customer through the informal RFI’s with the engineer, architect and the General Contractor
• Coordinate and schedule hand-off meetings with the Project Manager, Estimators, General Superintendents and Foremen
• Ensure all Change Orders get General Contractor signatures before beginning work and inform General Superintendent with Change Order status (pending approval, approved)
• Monitor project schedules including submittals and approvals for material suppliers
• Identify and communicate possible delays or problems to the Project Manager
• Prepare actual vs. budgets analysis on labor and materials for each job on a weekly basis. Review findings with Project Managers
• Assist Foreman and field personnel with ipad set-up, including drop box, Blue Beam etc.
• Receive and coordinate storage of Log Reports from Project Foremen and place in the corresponding construction folder
• Receive and coordinate storage of Observation Reports from General Superintendents and place in the corresponding construction folder
• Organize, send out and follow up on shop drawings
• Ensure Letter of Intent has been sent out to trades
• Request, package and submit any and all close-out documentation (including, but not limited to, IOM’s, warranty letters, as-builts/red lines, etc.) to the General Contractor
• Assist Project Managers to prepare for billing activities, including the Schedule of Values Worksheets
• Act as a direct source for questions from General Contractors and their associated Management Team
• Other duties as assigned
• Capable of reading blueprints and specifications
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient at Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word. Experience with Blue Beam is a plus.
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Must be detail oriented
• 2+ years of previous experience with administrative or project support, preferably in the mechanical/plumbing industry
• Able to work independently or as part of a team
• Must possess the ability to multitask
Colorado Mechanical Systems, Inc. (CMS) is privately owned and operated in Centennial, Colorado. CMS provides commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration, and plumbing services across the Colorado Front Range, including Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins.
Colorado Mechanical Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CMS also uses E-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).